Vid. Seema Viswanath
Vidushi. Seema Vishwanath comes from a culturally rich city of Mysore, Karnataka and holds Masters degree in ‘Fine arts – Bharathanatyam’ from ‘Kalai Kaviri college of Fine Arts’ and ‘Computer Applications’ from ‘Sikkim Manipal University . She has worked at Dell, Bangalore for almost a decade as an IT professional.
Being a daughter of a Dramatist and Stage designer Mr.Viswanath, she was introduced to Indian classical dance from an early age. She has been learning Bharatanatyam under the guidance of Danseuse Guru. Nandini Eswer – founder of ‘Raasavruda School of Dance, Mysore’ for last 20+ years. After graduation she moved to Bangalore to work at Dell and it opened up an opportunity to learn Kathak under the guidance of Late Guru. Dr. Maya Rao – founder of ‘Natya Institute of Kathak and Choreography, Bangalore’. She was privileged to learn two styles of Kathak, i.e. Jaipur gharana and Lucknow gharana from these two imminent teachers. She has completed ‘Vidwath’ exam in Bharathanatyam and is a first rank holder in ‘Kathak’ exam conducted by Karnataka Board. She is an ‘A’ graded artist in Doordarshan and has delivered hundreds of performances in various stages across different states of India and also in International stages of Sri Lanka and United States. She has played leading roles in several dance productions from Raasavrunda school of Dance and was part of productions from Natya Institute. She has always been associated with the field of Arts as a performer, teacher, examiner, choreographer, judge and most importantly as a Learner.
Her marriage to Mr. Avil D’souza brought her to a new territory, i.e. United States and she has been exploring the field of Indian classical dance in this land. With her strong foundation in Dance, People management and organizing skills, she is looking forward to explore new country, new ideas with a strong vision to study dance with respect our ancient treatises to understand its depth, aesthetics and then to add her imagination and flavor to enjoy the happiness of her every move and in search of ultimate bliss.
• Trustee founder of ‘Raas Indian Art Foundation’ which is a performing group of Raasavrunda – founded by Dr.Rohitha Eswer Mysore. The team vision is to create a cultural hub in Mysore and to enrich the knowledge in the field of arts.
• President of ‘Sampige Triangle Kannada Association’ for FY 2016-17. Sampige was formed in 1996 in Morrisville, NC and currently has over 250 Kannada families as registered members. Having chosen as President for FY 2016-17, Seema worked hard with her enthusiastic team to serve the Kannada community. Being an artist and having organized & performed in numerous productions, Organization skills and people management skills comes naturally to her. Her tireless efforts resulted in some quality and innovative programs in her tenure. She ended her term with huge satisfaction of having garnered appreciation from everyone in the community.
• Committee member of ‘Nuv Yug India Fest’ since 2016. Nuv Yug is a non-profit organization with a mission to promote awareness of Indian Cultural Arts in US. Over the last 13 years, Nuv Yug has developed a reputation for producing high quality programs that offer a unique cultural exchange opportunity to citizens of Raleigh, Charlotte and Atlanta.
• Volunteer for ‘Navika - 3rd International summit’ which was held at Raleigh in Sep ‘16. She choreographed and performed the Inaugural dance along with other imminent teachers/choreographers. She performed with famous Guru. Vyjayanti Kashi. She even choreographed couple of songs for ‘Tribute to Dr. Srinath’ a leading actor from Kannada film industry.
• Volunteer for ‘8th Akka international summit” which was held at Atlantic city, NJ. She actively managed 40+ membered dance team to perform on the reputed stage. Represented Sampige with all pride along with the collaboration of “Richmond Kannada Sangha”.
‘Spirituality through Dance’ is the motto of Raasavrunda School of Dance and Seema looks forward to spread it across with the world in whatever little way possible. She is all set to explore her new ideas, new visions, creativity to continue her passion of dance in full steam under the guidance of her teachers.